Glimpses of Bhutan
- Be totally enchanted by the breathtaking landscape and pristine environment of the Paro valley upon arrival at our international airport. You will be warmly received by our friendly, traditionally dressed representative with the offering of a white welcome scarf.
- Transfer to hotel in Thimphu (about 1.5-hour drive from airport).
- Arrival at hotel in Thimphu, relax with welcome tea followed by check-in at hotel.
- Rest till lunch in hotel / nearby restaurant.
- After lunch, take a 10-min drive to Changangkha Temple (built in the 15th century by famous Lama Nima). Inside the temple is “God of Compassion” made out of platinum. You may witness blessing of a newborn baby in this temple.
- Drive to Mini Zoo, Bhutan’s only zoo to see the national animal Takin.
- Drive to Sangay Gang, lookout point of the Thimphu city.
- Visit nunnery founded by 16th Drubthob Tshangthong Gyalpo in 1976. More than 40 nuns study Buddhism in this nunnery.
- Visit Zorichusum (meaning 13 arts and crafts) which is popularly known as the painting school. Students in this school learn traditional arts and crafts like painting, sculpture, wood carving, weaving and embroidery.
- Visit the National Library which consists of 2 buildings. On the ground floor of the old building is the largest book in the world and religious books on the upper floor. English books are kept on the ground floor in the new building.
- Drive to Thimphu Tashicho Dzong, a fortress built in 1772 by the temporal ruler Zhidar and Younten Thaye the Chief Abbot.
- Breakfast in hotel. Drive back to Paro.Either : Visit the National Museum, Paro Dzong, Drukgyel Dzong, Kichu Lhakhang and stroll around Paro town, which was developed after the airport was built in 1983, or
- Hike to Tiger Nest Monastery, the holiest monastery in the Buddhist World.
- Check in at hotel and prepare for next day’s programme.
- Breakfast in hotel.
- Drive to airport for departure.